Trigger/workflow – Email/SMS Notifications to Client/Yourself (New Lead)
Modified on: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 at 12:09 PM
Send an email Trigger/Workflow or SMS notification to your client(s) and/or yourself when a lead is added to a campaign:
How To Send Internal Notifications For Workflows
Set Up A New Workflow
Click on Start from scratch
Click on Create workflow
Add New Workflow Trigger
Once you configured the workflow trigger:
Click on Add your first Action
Click on Send Internal Notification
Choose the type of notification:
Rate Limiting On Workflow Notifications
We have added Rate Limiting for Internal Notification action of workflows.
The current rate limits are
- 500 notifications / 5mins for each user (Per workflow)
- In the case of email, 500 notifications per 5 mins, per user email
- SMS, 500 notifications per 5 mins, per user’s phone
- In the case of in-app notifications, it is 500/5mins per user ID
We will skip any notifications that are sent after breaching this limit.
Why was this done, and how will this help?
- Because no limit was enforced, there were several updates made to a specific conversation of a user.
- Let’s say you put 300k contacts into a workflow
- In the internal notification, you are sending a mail to a particular user (in most cases we have seen customers set up to send a notification to themselves)
- Now this particular user mail will get 300k emails.
- Because of this, we will update the user’s conversation 300k times within a few seconds/minutes.
- This introduced an overall delay in processing workflow actions.
The rate-limiting should have good gatekeeping for these events, and also prevent customers from sending bulk emails to and particular user.
Did you find it helpful? Yes No